As we all know, the process by which job seekers become employees has changed. Long gone are the days where you drive to a business, sit across the table from a hiring manager, and shake their hand. Due to the COVID-19 outbreak, this process will be moving to virtual platforms for a number of industries.
Skype, Zoom, RingCentral, FaceTime, and more are going to become the new normal. It will be your job to master these platforms to give yourself the best chance of landing your dream job. If you are not familiar with these tools, there’s no need to worry. Below, we’ll be providing helpful tips to those in need of guidance.
1. Practice using the platform before your scheduled interview.
2. Test your internet connection and speed.
3. Find a quiet area, in your home or in a public space, away from distractions and interruptions.
4. Dress professionally from head-to-toe.
5. Practice interviewing virtually with a friend or family member.
Do you have any pro tips for your fellow interviewees? Please feel free to share them with us on social media at @UPMichiganWorks.
For more information about Michigan Works! programs and services, contact your nearest American Job Center.