November 15th-21st, 2021
National Apprenticeship Week is a week-long celebration geared towards raising awareness for apprenticeship-based training programs throughout Michigan and the country as a whole.
Did you know:
- 92% of apprentices retain employment after completing a Registered Apprenticeship program.
- The average starting wage after completing a Registered Apprenticeship program is $72,000.
- Workers who complete Registered Apprenticeship programs earn $300,000 more over a career than their peers who don’t.
- Apprentices earn while they learn, reducing the potential to take on debt.
- Source: National Apprenticeship Week Website
Earn while you learn in an apprenticeship! If you’re interested in gaining more information about apprenticeships and their potential, please visit Apprenticeship.gov.
Learn More Through Interviews with Fellow Yoopers
Below, you’ll find links to videos produced by Upper Peninsula Michigan Works! We sat down with our fellow Yoopers to discuss apprenticeships and the impacts that they had.
U.P. Michigan Works! Discusses Apprenticeships with TV 6
The following interview was produced and distributed by TV 6
Connor Powell, Apprenticeship Coordinator with U.P. Michigan Works!, sat down with Alyssa from TV 6 to discuss apprenticeship opportunities in the Upper Peninsula.
Click the following link to watch our apprenticeship interview in its entirety.
For information about participating in or facilitating a registered apprenticeship, please reach out to one of our Business Services Specialists by calling 1-800-285-9675.