Local 111 Union for Plumbing, Pipefitting, & HVAC/R
Local 111 Union for Plumbing, Pipefitting, & HVAC/R Accepting Applications
The Local 111 Union is Offering Apprenticeships in Plumbing, Pipefitting, and HVAC/R Service & Will Be Accepting Applications March 4th-March 29th at All Upper Peninsula Michigan Works! Branches
About the Trade
Plumbing, Pipefitting, and HVAC/R will continue to be a necessary trade through the future years. These trades are used not only in commercial and industrial site, but in residential areas as well.
All buildings will continue to have plumbing and heating, with many having air conditioning and refrigeration as well. When it comes to the Pipefitting trade, paper mills, mines, refineries, and electrical powerhouses provide materials and utilities used by all, and industrial piping will continue to be a large portion of these facilities.
When it comes to these fields of work, there definitely is a cycle to the work. There are times of year where work is busy, but there will also be time between jobs.
About the Local Union
Local Union 111 covers the entire Upper Peninsula and Niagara, WI. Members who would like to travel may also work throughout the United States and Canada. The facets of our trade union include:
- Heating, Cooling, and Boilers
- Industrial Piping
- Pipe Welding
Local Union 111's Apprenticeship
Get a chance to work full-time while learning!
Local Union 111’s Apprenticeship requires you to complete the following training and education through the program:
- 5 Years of Primarily On-The-Job Paid Training
- 216 Hours of Classroom Training Per Year
Starting pay as an Apprentice is $20.24/hr (or ~$38K per year for a typical year) with raises every six months until your completion of the program. The typical Journeyman pay is $40.48/hr (or ~81K for a typical year). The benefits for these positions include pension, annuity, healthcare, and a medical reimbursement account. Pension contributions start in the second year.
Earn approximately $272,000 plus benefits during your five year apprenticeship while working toward Jorneyman status.
Here are the basic skill requirements to apply for the Apprenticeship:
- You must possess basic math and communication skills.
- The minimum age to apply is 17 years old or high school senior equivalency. You must be 18 years old and be a high school graduate or have an equivalency to enter the program.
- You must have a two year associate’s degree or equivalent to apply for the HVAC/R service apprenticeship.
- You must be able to pass a background check and drug screen.
- You must be willing and able to perform physical work in all weather conditions.
The Application Process
- Apply at your local Upper Peninsula Michigan Works! branch between March 4th and March 29th for Plumber and Pipefitting positions. HVAC/R will continue to have open applications.
- Score at least an 80% on Work Keys Literacy, Mathematics, & Documents Test
- (Applicants must pay for testing. Tests can be retaken if needed, but the applicant must pay for each additional test.)
- Complete Supporting Documents
- Provide your Social Security Card, Driver’s License, and High School transcripts (or the equivalent).
- Provide DD-214 if you are a Veteran and wish to receive consideration for military training and/or experience.
Stop into your local Upper Peninsula Michigan Works! branch to apply for these in demand apprenticeships today!
Equal Employment Opportunity Pledge: Upper Peninsula Plumbers and Pipefitters will not discriminate against apprenticeship applicants or apprentices based on race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), genetic information, or because they are an individual with a disability or a person 40 years or older.